We will get you on the path to a career with our accelerated program!
The pharmacy is often the most accessible form of health care, and pharmacy technicians play a vital role in hospitals, health systems, and community, grocery or drug store pharmacies. This course will prepare you to support pharmacists to provide safe and effective patient care. Pharmacy technicians are comfortable communicating with diverse audiences, performing data entry with various software programs, problem-solving to work in a busy environment, and maintaining professionalism to provide quality patient care. At the end of the course, you will apply for the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
LEARN THE SKILLS:
Students will be prepared to sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
• Customer service and interpersonal communication
• Accurately read and fill prescriptions
• Perform calculations, routes and formulations
• Maintain patient confidentiality and medical ethics
• Perform basic insurance billing and medical record keeping
Textbooks, access to campus computer labs, and the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) fee.
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Transportation to utilize campus computer labs or personal computer for work performed outside of class time.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
Demonstrate college readiness by completing one of the following:
• Proof of GED or US high school diploma valid within past five years. Scores or GPA to be evaluated for college readiness.
• US college diploma or transcript showing completion of non-developmental English and Math.
• Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math. Developmental scores not eligible to register.
• Submit results from the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
High school diploma or equivalent education diploma: (e.g., a GED or foreign diploma). Candidates who are within 60 days of acquiring their high school diploma or equivalent will be eligible to apply for the PTCE with a copy of a high school diploma, transcript, or school official letter. PTCB certification will not be granted until proof of high school completion (or equivalent) is provided to PTCB.
Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions; must disclose when registering for the PTCE at the end of the course.
Let's get started. Call us now.