We will get you on the path to a career with our accelerated program!
Get started in your healthcare career with an entry-level job as a medical administrative assistant. As a professional assisting a medical office, you will be on the front lines as a patient service representative utilizing computer software, medical record systems, telephone etiquette, email and written correspondence, and interpersonal communication with diverse audiences. This program covers the professional soft skills and hands-on technical skills to work as a patient service representative, medical secretary, medical administrative assistant, or medical records clerk. This hybrid program includes classroom and online training, and is ideal for students who have never worked in healthcare, or are looking for career related to billing procedures.
LEARN THE SKILLS:
• Professional interpersonal communication
Students will be prepared to sit for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
• Medical ethics and law
• Patient scheduling
• Medical records management
• Basics of medical billing
Textbooks, access to campus computer labs, and the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam fee.
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Transportation to utilize campus computer labs or personal computer for work performed outside of class time.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
Demonstrate college readiness by completing one of the following:
Demonstrate computer skills by completing one of the following:
- Proof of GED or US high school diploma valid within past five years. Scores or GPA to be evaluated for college readiness.
- US college diploma or transcript showing completion of non-developmental English and Math.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math. Developmental scores not eligible to register.
- Submit results from the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Transcript showing computer class completion within last five years.https://www.digitalliteracyassessment.org/
- Certificate of completion for a computer class within last three years.
- Completion of the North Star computer assessment: Modules 1, 4 & 5.
Let's get started. Call us now.