Basic Manufacturing Skills is a non-credit intensive training program that prepares students for entry-level positions with regional manufacturers. Students are provided with the basic skills needed to be successful in a high-performance manufacturing environment.
LEARN THE SKILLS:
- Math for the Trades
- Industrial Measurement & Conversions
- Blueprint Reading
- Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanical Theory
- Electrical Theory
- Fluid Power and Thermodynamics
- Quality Improvement Programs & Practices
- Basic Chemistry Theory
- Business Acumen
- OSHA 10 General Industry
- Students will use a Manufacturing Skills Institute MT1 credentialing online course
- Tooling University from the Society of Manufacturing Engineers
If successful, students will earn the Manufacturing Technician Level 1 Certification (MT1) from the Manufacturing Skills Institute.
For more information on the MT1 credential, visit: manufacturingskillsinstitute
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
The following pre-acceptance screening assessment is required:
- Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math.
- This course is a pre-requisite for Industrial Maintenance Technician.
Contact our Student Services group for more information:
Let's get you started. Call us Now