We will get you on the path to a career with our accelerated program!
Become a versatile member of the healthcare team as a medical assistant by learning the clinical and administrative skills to work in ambulatory care settings, such as primary care offices, urgent care centers, and specialty clinics. This 150-hour program combines classroom education with hands-on lab training to learn the technical and soft skills our region’s employers are seeking. You will also have the option to apply for a 160-hour clinical externship upon satisfactory completion of the course.
LEARN THE SKILLS:
- Assist the physician during exams
- Interview and educate patients
- Measure and record vital signs
- Administer injections
- Data entry and scheduling
Students will be prepared to sit for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Access to campus computer labs
- Watch with a second hand
- Criminal background test fee, drug screen fee
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam fee with the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
Demonstrate college readiness by completing one of the following:
- CPR class and exam fees.
- Transportation to utilize campus computer labs or personal computer for work performed outside of class time.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to clinical, and 100% attendance is mandatory.
Demonstrate computer skills by completing one of the following:
- Proof of GED or US high school diploma valid within past five years. Scores or GPA to be evaluated for college readiness.
- US college diploma or transcript showing completion of non-developmental English and Math.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math. Developmental scores not eligible to register.
- Submit results from the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
Must complete a background check, drug screen, and immunizations to participate in the optional 160-hour clinical externship.
- Transcript showing computer class completion within last five years.
- Certificate of completion for a computer class within last three years.
- Completion of the North Star computer assessment: Modules 1, 4, & 5.
Let's get started. Call us now.