This FREE Prequalifying Class is required in order to register for the Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA) class. To access the questionaire, you must add this class to your cart.
Please see below for a full description and schedule options for the CCMA class!
Become a versatile member of the healthcare team as a medical assistant by learning the clinical and administrative skills to work in ambulatory care settings, such as primary care offices, urgent care centers, and specialty clinics. This 150-hour program combines classroom education with hands-on lab training to learn the technical and soft skills our region’s employers are seeking. You will also have the option to apply for a 120-hour clinical practicum upon satisfactory completion of the course.
LEARN THE SKILLS:
• Assist the physician during exams
• Interview and educate patients
• Measure and record vital signs
• Administer injections
• Data entry and scheduling
FALL 2019 COURSE SECTIONS:
||1:00PM - 4:30PM
||6:00PM - 9:30PM
Students will be prepared to sit for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
TUITION ($3210.00) INCLUDES:
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Access to compus computer labs
- Watch with a second hand
- Criminal background check fee
- Drug screen fee
- Certified Clinical Medicaql Assistant (CCMA) exam fee with the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
- CPR class and exam fees
- Acquiring and paying for all physicals and immunizations for clinical rotation practicum
- Transportation to utilize campus computer labs or personal computer for work performed outside of class time
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
Must be at least 18-years-old.
Demonstrate college readiness by completing ONE of the following:
Demonstrate computer skills by completing ONE of the following:
- Proof of GED or US high school diploma valid within past five years. Scores of GPA to be evaluated
- US college diploma or transcript showing completion of non-developmental English and Math
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math. Developmental scores not eligible
- Submit results from the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
Must complete a background check, drug screen, and immunizations to participate in the optional 160-hour clinical practicum.
- Transcript showing computer class completion within last five years
- Certificate of completion for a computer class within last three years
- Completion of the North Star computer assessment
Students are responsible for their own transportation to clinical, and 100% attendance is mandatory.
For full requirements and expectations see: