This FREE Prequalifying Class is required in order to register for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) class. To access the questionaire, you must add this class to your cart.
Please see below for a full description and schedule options for the CCMA class!
Become a versatile member of the healthcare team! As a medical assistant by learning the clinical and administrative skills to work in ambulatory care settings, such as primary care offices, urgent care centers, and specialty clinics. This 150-hour program combines classroom education with hands-on lab training to learn the technical and soft skills our region’s employers are seeking.
You will also have the option to apply for a 160-hour clinical practicum upon satisfactory completion of the course.
LEARN THE SKILLS:
• Assist the physician during exams
• Interview and educate patients
• Measure and record vital signs
• Administer injections
• Data entry and scheduling
Students will be prepared to sit for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
MULTIPLE SCHEDULE OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
TUITION IS $3,210 AND INCLUDES:
|| 2/5/18 - 5/14/18
|| 6PM - 9:30PM
|| 2/9/18 - 5/18/18
|| F & Sat.
|| 9AM -1PM (F) &
|| 5/21/18 - 7/23/18
|| M,W, F
|| 9AM - 3:30PM
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Online mobile-ready learning tools, study materials & textbook
- Loaner copy of printed textbook
- Fee for the CCMA exam through NHA
- Voucher for one set of scrubs and a student kit with watch, stethoscope and blood pressure cuff
- Fee for criminal background check and drug screen
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR class and exam fees (Either at VWCC or another community provider)
- Acquiring and paying for all required immunizations and exams for clinical rotation practicum
- Access to a computer and internet or transportation to campus computer labs for weekly online assignments
- Transportation to and 100% attendance during clinical rotation practicum
- One set of scrubs is included in tuition- Students will need to purchase additional sets of scrubs
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
Must be at least 18-years-old
Demonstrate college readiness by completing ONE of the following:
Demonstrate computer skills by completing ONE of the following:
- Proof of GED or US high school diploma valid within past five years. Scores of GPA to be evaluated for college readiness.
- US college diploma or transcript showing completion of non-developmental scores net eligible to register.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math. Developmental scores not eligible to register.
- Submit results from the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
After completing your North Star assessment, please print scores and email to:
- Transcript showing computer class completion within last five years.
- Certificate of completion for a computer class within last three years.
- Completion of the North Star computer assessment: Modules 1, 4, & 5.
NOTICE: Must complete a background check, drug screen, and immunizations to participate in the optional 160-hour clinical practicum.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to clinical, and 100% attendance is mandatory.
For full requirements and expectations see: