This FREE Prequalifying Class is required in order to register for the Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA) class. To access the questionaire, you must add this class to your cart.
Please see below for a full description and schedule options for the CCMA class!
This FREE Prequalifying Class is required in-order to register for the hybrid (lecture and online) or traditional lecture Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) class. To access the questionnaire, you must add this class to your cart. Please see below for a full description and schedule options for the CCMA class!
Become a versatile member of the healthcare team as a medical assistant by learning the clinical and administrative skills to work in ambulatory care settings, such as primary care offices, urgent care centers, and specialty clinics. This 150-hour program combines classroom education with hands-on lab training to learn the technical and soft skills our region’s employers are seeking. You will also have the option to apply for a 120-hour clinical practicum upon satisfactory completion of the course.
CLINICALS: You will have the option to apply for a 120-hour clinical practicum upon satisfactory completion of the course.
LEARN THE SKILLS:
• Assist the physician during exams
• Interview and educate patients
• Measure and record vital signs
• Administer injections
• Data entry and scheduling
SPRING 2020 COURSE SECTIONS:
HYBRID NIGHT 14Week
Tuesday lectures and Online course work, with labs scheduled Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Please see handbook for detailed schedule.
1/20/20 – 4/27/20
TRADITIONAL DAY 14Week
Monday/Tuesday/Thursday. VWCC Campus
CERTIFICATION: Students will be prepared to sit for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam through the National Health Career Association (NHA).
TUITION ($3210.00) INCLUDES: Online mobile-ready e-book, learning tools, and study materials. (Students can rent a printed textbook for $7.99 directly from the publisher.) NHA online practice exams, online study guide, and fee for the CCMA exam. Student kit with watch, stethoscope, and blood pressure cuff. Fee for criminal background check and drug screen. http://virginiawestern.edu/vwforms/workforce-solutions-tuition-assistance/" target="_blan
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR: Attending Orientation and all course meetings; Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) class and exam fees (Either at VWCC or another community provider.). Acquiring and paying for all required immunizations and exams for clinical rotation practicum. Access to a computer and Internet or transportation to campus computer labs for weekly online assignments. Students will need to purchase multiple sets of scrubs. Transportation to, and 100% attendance during, clinical practicum. Voluntary clinical practicums are typically 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. There are no part-time or weekend hours. Application and acceptance of a clinical placement means you agree to complete all 120 hours.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
- Must be at least 18-years-old.
- Demonstrate college readiness by completing one of the following:
- Proof of GED or US high school diploma valid within past five years. Scores or GPA to be evaluated.
- US college diploma or transcript showing completion of non-developmental English and Math.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math. Developmental scores not eligible.
- Submit results from the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Demonstrate computer skills by completing one of the following:
- Transcript showing computer class completion within last five years.
- Certificate of completion for a computer class within last three years.
- Completion of the North Star computer assessment.
- Must complete a background check, drug screen, and immunizations to participate in the optional clinical.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to clinical, and 100% attendance is mandatory.
Must complete a background check, drug screen, and immunizations to participate in the optional 120-hour clinical practicum. Students are responsible for their own transportation to clinical, and 100% attendance is mandatory.
NorthStar Assessment: https://www.digitalliteracyassessment.org
After completing your North Star assessment, please print scores and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full requirements and expectations see: https://virginiawestern.augusoft.net/Customers/VirginiaWestern/files/CCMA/CCMA-Student%20Handbook-Spring%2019.pdf
For full requirements and expectations see: