The Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification is the world's most popular and sought-after credential for project managers offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Obtaining the PMP® certification can provide professionals with greater job opportunities in the project management world. Virginia Western's PMP Exam Prep course is designed for individuals who plan to sit for the PMP certification exam and have determined they will meet PMI's exam prerequisites, including general education requirements and experience managing projects. This intense course reviews the PMI project management framework and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), focusing on principles, terms, concepts, tools, and techniques essential to passing the PMP exam and fulfills the requirement for 35 contact hours of project management education for individuals seeking PMP certification. By registering for this course, the student assumes responsibility for demonstrating and validating to PMI that he/she meets the PMI prerequisites to apply and sit for the PMP certification exam. Please refer to PMI's guidance regarding "Who Should Apply" to determine if this course is appropriate: https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp
The primary objective of the course is to prepare students for the PMP® certification examination by:
CERTIFICATION EXAM PREREQUISITES:
- Providing a context for understanding the project management framework, project plans, knowledge areas, process groups, activities and outputs, and responsibilities of a project manager according to the PMBOK ®
- Identifying the most accepted best practices and approaches to project management.
- Reinforcing real work applications of project management concepts through individual exercises, group activities, and practice tests.
- Explaining the exam structure and question types to help students develop appropriate test-taking techniques and strategies.
- Satisfying the PMI requirement for 35 hours of formal project management education.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) offers and sets the eligibility criteria for the PMP certification. Applicants must meet specific general educational and work experience criteria at the time they submit their application in order to be eligible to sit for the PMP exam. To apply for the PMP, you need to meet all education and experience prerequisites in one of the following two categories:
• A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent), minimum of five (5) years of non-overlapping project management experience with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects, and 35 hours of project management education.
• A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent), minimum of three (3) years of non-overlapping project management experience with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects, and 35 hours of project management education.
INCLUDED IN TUITION:
Exam preparation manual, exam simulation application, PMBOK® Guide (Sixth Edition), and certification exam voucher
FastForward Eligible Program: Eligible student only pays $800. To qualify for financial assistance for FastForward programs you must meet the Virginia domicile requirements. Virginia domicile means you have lived in Virginia and intended to stay here indefinitely for at least one year prior to the date of application. A domicile determination form will be part of your registration process. If you qualify you will pay one-third of the cost of the program.