We will get you on the path to a career with our accelerated program!
Kick off your new career as a Medical Assistant! Learn the clinical and administrative skills to work in ambulatory care settings, such as primary care offices, urgent care centers, and specialty clinics. Get ready to pass the nationally recognized CCMA exam issued by the National Heathcareer Association (NHA), in just 14 weeks. Medical Assistants are in high demand and earn an average of $13/hour in the Roanoke area. Get on your way with our career readiness resources and networking opportunities! This is a very popular course, so act now!
LEARN THE SKILLS:
Students will be prepared to sit for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
- Assist the physician during exams
- Interview and educate patients
- Measure and record vital signs
- Administer injections
- Data entry and scheduling
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Online mobile-ready e-book, learning tools, and study materials. (Students can rent a printed textbook for $7.99 directly from the publisher.)
- NHA online practice exams, online study guide, and fee for the CCMA exam.
- Student kit with watch, stethoscope, and blood pressure cuff.
- Fee for criminal background check and drug screen.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
Demonstrate college readiness by completing one of the following:
- Attending Workforce Healthcare Orientation.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) class and exam fees (Either at VWCC or another community provider.)
- Access to a computer and Internet or transportation to campus computer labs for weekly online assignments..
- Students will need to purchase multiple sets of scrubs.
Demonstrate computer skills by completing one of the following:
- Proof of GED or US high school diploma valid within past five years. Scores or GPA to be evaluated for college readiness.
- US college diploma or transcript showing completion of non-developmental English and Math.
- Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for English and Math. Developmental scores not eligible to register.
- Submit results from the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Transcript showing computer class completion within last five years.
- Certificate of completion for a computer class within last three years.
- Completion of the North Star computer assessment: Modules 1, 4, & 5.
Let's get started. Call us now.