We will get you on the path to a career with our accelerated program! Kick off your new career as a Medical Assistant! Learn the clinical and administrative skills to work in ambulatory care settings, such as primary care offices, urgent care centers, and specialty clinics. Get ready to pass the nationally recognized CCMA exam issued by the National Heathcareer Association (NHA), in just 14 weeks. Medical Assistants are in high demand in the Roanoke area. Get on your way with our career readiness resources and networking opportunities! This is a very popular course, so act now!
LEARN THE SKILLS:
- Assist the physician during exams
- Interview and educate patients
- Measure and record vital signs
- Administer injections
- Data entry and scheduling
Students will be prepared to sit for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
- Online mobile-ready e-book, learning tools, and study materials.
- NHA online practice exams, online study guide, and fee for the CCMA exam.
- Student kit with watch, stethoscope, and blood pressure cuff.
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Access to a computer and Internet or transportation to campus computer labs for weekly online assignments.
- Students will need to purchase scrubs.
- If students attend optional clinical, students are responsible for CPR certification and required vaccines.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED/high school equivalency.
- Demonstrate college readiness by completing the English self-assessment. English Self Assessment
- Demonstrate computer skills by completing one of the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
Financial Assistance Available: