Phlebotomy Technicians are key healthcare team members in a variety of settings . Phlebotomists perform a variety of blood collection procedures in adults and children by venipuncture or micro techniques. In the thriving medical field, phlebotomists are in constant demand. It is an exciting time to begin a career in this area, where many opportunities exist in hospitals, clinics, medical offices and laboratories. This course will help you gain your Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) certification from NHA . Holding this certificate will give employers confidence in hiring you in this unique, patient care role. Reach your career goals in the rewarding healthcare industry by enrolling in Phlebotomy Tech today!
Please note: Students will be required to attend a mandatory clinical in order to perform their 30 live sticks. This will include 5-6 full days at a lab location.
Learn the Skills:
- Master practical competencies of phlebotomy.
- Learn to draw an acceptable blood specimen from a patient.
- Review legal, ethical, and special considerations in phlebotomy.
- Learn to draw blood samples from patients who are difficult draws.
Students will be prepared to sit for the Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
- Online mobile-ready e-book, learning tools, and study materials.
- NHA online practice exams, online study guide, and fee for the CPT exam.
- Urine Drug Screen and Background Check cost for clinical placement.
Students are Responsible for:
Requirements for the Course:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED/high school equivalency.
- Demonstrate college readiness by completing the English self-assessment. English Self Assessment
- Demonstrate computer skills by completing one of the following:
Financial Assistance Available: