The Machining - Advanced course is a culmination of the VWCC Workforce Machining Program series. Emphasis is placed on CNC G-Code and Conversational Programming. Includes Setup and Operations to produce parts using ProtoTrak Mills and Lathes, Haas Mini Mill with Automatic Tool Changer, and Fanuc and Haas Simulators.
Students completing the course will sit for the NIMS (National Institute of Metalworking Skills) credentials:
- CNC Milling: Programming Setup & Operations
- CNC Turning: Programming Setup & Operations
For more information on NIMS Credentialing visit: https://www.nims-skills.org/web/nims/6
- Textbook, workbook and exam study guide provided for use during the length of the course
- NIMS' first time registration fee and exam cost
- All materials needed for milling including metals, lubricants, cutting tools and similar
- Tooling-U online access
STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE:
- Steel-toed boots or shoes are recommended. Estimated cost: $40.00
- Safety glasses with side shields. Estimated cost: $10.00
- Basic calculator. Estimated cost: $10.00
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE:
- - All students must be 18 years old.
- We require a pre-acceptance screening assessment with our VWCC Testing Center. Contact our Student Services group for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If testing out of Machining fundamentals, applicants must meet the requirements of the VWCC Placement Testing Center: ENF 3, ENG 111 and MTE 1-3 (Reading, English and Math, respectively).Prerequisites - Machining Fundamentals and both the Milling and Turning Operator courses.
-Prerequitites: Machining Fundamentals and both the Milling and Turning Operator courses